Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Spring Concert



Busy, busy, busy. We've had a busy week so far and it's only Wednesday. Monday was laundry day, not all that exciting but I don't want to leave anything out. Yesterday was the spring concert. The elementary school gave a super showing of all their musical talents.

This is definitely not something that excites my boy. In fact, the whole thing caused him much stress. He isn't shy really at all but does NOT enjoy having all those people looking at him while he's supposed to be singing. The poor boy. Matthew and I talked to him about it over and over and gave him little "helps" to get him through the whole ordeal. I mentioned how all those folks will be looking at their little children/grandchildren and that we would be the only ones really looking at him. Matthew mentioned how he just asks God for a little help before he has to go in front of people. Just for the record, when Matthew's in front of a crowd he's usually speaking not singing.

Isaiah wasn't thrilled but he did it. There were two concerts one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I promised to be at both and with a toddler in tow and the need to get there at least 40 minutes early, so as not to be seated in the parking lot, a 40 minute show and only an hour and half in between the two shows in which I had to give Anna a nap, feed her lunch and drive 40 minutes round trip back and forth that, dear friends, was not an easy task. We all did it. We all made it through the day and the next concert will not be until December.

I asked Isaiah later how he thought it went. He shrugged and said, "Okay". In boy language that means, "It wasn't really as bad as I thought it was going to be and I appreciate all the help you and Papa gave me to get through this overwhelming activity I had to endure."

Proud of your "stick-to-it"-ness, Buddy.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

My congrats to Isaiah for making it through - who knows? He might enjoy being up there one day.

And my congrats to you, too, for accomplishing the near-impossible in record time.

Cara said...

I can't wait for my munchkins to be involved in "stuff!" I bet it was a proud moment for you! :)