Monday, April 16, 2007

Plan of Attack

Anna will get dedicated to our Lord next Sunday. She's been His all along but we just haven't gotten around to doing it at church yet.

This means I now have to clean the house for our Sunday brunch company. It's obvious that the bathrooms and kitchen floor will not even be looked at until Saturday afternoon at the earliest because they all get dirty about 10minutes after they're cleaned. I figured I could dust and vacuum the upstairs on Tuesday and they should all stay pretty clean. (I doubt anyone will even see them, but just in case they have to get done, too.) Friday will be grocery shopping and dusting and vacuuming the downstairs. Laundry should be okay as long as I don't get behind during the week. I wanted to get curtains and windows washed too as part of spring cleaning and because of the dedication company. I thought windows could be done now and for sure they'd stay clean. So, yesterday afternoon I did windows! There is no way they could get messed up before next Sunday, right? Wrong!!!

Matthew came home yesterday from his business trip and after supper was hanging out in the living room with Anna. They were sitting on the chair by the big picture window looking at the birds eating from the feeder. I was in the kitchen cleaning up from supper when all of sudden I heard Matthew tell Isaiah to go get a wet towel. My mom ears stood at attention and waited to hear what needed to be wiped up. I heard Matthew tell Anna something about the window and thought, no way! I went running to the living room in disbelief and sure enough Anna managed to mess up the window. Now, I'm not a huge neat freak, not even in the least. I just don't really care if the house is spotless or not. I figure the kids are only little once and someday they'll be grown-up and off to college and I'll have a sparkly clean, picked-up house when that time comes. But come on...two hours after I clean the stinkin' windows? Good grief. I should have left the windows for Saturday when I do the bathrooms and kitchen floor. Now I know.

1 comment:

Carla said...

I am the White Tornado one hour before company comes. It works for me.