Saturday, April 14, 2007

Particular Frustration

My Anna is particular!!! She needs things done her way and on her terms--we end up butting heads often. I can only imagine what life will be like when she gets older and is in middle school or high school. I just pray we'll make it through with our relationship in tact, I'm nervous.

Yesterday, after her nap, she woke up and decided she didn't want to be up. She cried and was in a horrible mood for a good 15-20 minutes. Anna was frustrated that she was awake and wasn't falling back asleep. I tried to make her feel better and wiped a couple tears off her cheek. She stopped crying looked right at me and wound up her little face for another round of crying and yelled, "Nooooo, on!" Apparently I was supposed to leave her tears on her face. I pretended to place them back on her cheek and then she wanted them, the pretend tears, moved to a different spot on her cheek. Grrrr! I obliged the first two times and then I told Anna to put the tears back where she wanted them. Keep in mind she's not even two and her cheeks aren't that big. How can ya mess up where you replace accidentally wiped off tears?

Anyway, we are in for quite a ride with Miss Anna. My mom and dad sort of laugh and talk about paybacks? I have no idea what they're talking about?

No comments: