Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fair Wrap-Up

The Polk County Fair is over for another year. I was actually pretty sad Sunday evening when we were driving home for the last time. We all had so very much fun and learned so many new things that only made us more excited for the upcoming years.

Here are some photos to help explain some of our adventures.

Isaiah posing proudly by his terrarium and treasure chest. He earned a Cloverbud ribbon and certificate.








Mama, Isaiah, Anna and Papa at the Cloverbud/Explorer building enjoying Isaiah's achievements.







Isaiah and Lamby at the Little Britches Rodeo. Isaiah was walking a somewhat stubborn Lamby around the arena. Afterwards, a judge asked Isaiah some pertinent questions regarding the care of his sheep and what was done to prepare Lamby for the show. Isaiah did a super job answering the questions.













Finally, my mom took a photo of me sitting next to the blue/green/cream-colored washcloth I made. It's in the cabinet behind me next to the crocheted gnome. I have never seen one of those before, amazing.

We learned a lot and are anticipating next year's fair already. I think we are all still making up for lost sleep but the fun was worth it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SOOOOOOO proud of you!!! Of course you won 1st place. You are a superstar!

Now, just to figure out a way into tricking you into making it for me!

God bless-
Amanda

Carla said...

Congratulations Rolli family!! Too fun!

You have stirred up memories for me of the Red River Valley Fair in West Fargo, ND. I entered my little painted ceramic pieces and could hardly wait to see the ribbons after judging!! :)

Jessica said...

Hey, CONGRATS! That's awesome!

Kara Jo said...

You are such a good mom, Katie. That thought runs through my head all the time when I read your blog. Just wanted you to know that.

Are you guys part of 4-H, or do you just initiate these things on your own with your kids?

Katie R. said...

Thank you everyone..

kara jo, thank you but know that this blog is only for the happy stuff. I am not blogging about the "not-so-great" days of mommyhood. :)

Yes, we are part of the Pleasant Lake 4H club in Polk County. Isaiah's a Cloverbud (K-2nd)and there is a list of possible Cloverbud projects he could choose from. Woodworking and making a terrarium are the two Isaiah chose.

Birdie said...

how fun! I loved your dish cloth too. My aunt makes those and I love them. What a neat thing a fair must be. Charlotte's Web was the closest I've come to a county fair.