Saturday, July 26, 2008

Apple Bread

The results are in ...... my washcloth received a 2nd place ribbon and the apple bread I entered at the fair received a 1st place ribbon. I am pretty excited.

Isaiah had his conference judging on his two Cloverbud projects on Thursday and he did very well. He earned himself a certificate and a Cloverbud ribbon. He really enjoyed the process and having his entries on display.

Today Matthew and I are going to the Quality Meat Auction this evening and tomorrow Isaiah shows Lamby at the Little Britches Rodeo. We'll be busy the rest of the weekend but I'm hoping I'll have some photos on Monday about all our fun experiences.

In the meantime, here's the recipe I received from my neighbor, Michelle, that got me a blue ribbon.

Apple Bread

batter-
1/2 C. butter
2 eggs
1 C. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 C. flour
2 C. chopped apples (I used Granny Smith)

topping-
2 Tbs. soft butter
3 Tbs. flour
3 Tbs. brown sugar
1 Tbs. cinnamon

Blend butter, eggs and sugar. Add soda, salt and vanilla; beat. Mix in flour. Add apples; mix. Place in greased bread pan. Mix topping together until crumbly and sprinkle on top of bread.

Bake @ 325 for 55-65 minutes.



There you have it, super simple but really tasty.

More on the fair and Isaiah's entries coming soon.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!, Dad & I can't wait to see everything. This is so exciting.
mom
xo

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations Katie!

erin said...

Congratulations!! Shirley Jean and I are going to make your bread tomorrow!

erin said...

Wait...where do we add the flour?

Katie R. said...

Sorry Erin, you add the flour right before the apples. Hope you like it.

Cara said...

Katie, Em and I made the bread too! It is delish. Josh gave it five stars as he ate the whole pan! Good work!

Katie R. said...

Cara, glad you all liked it. :)