Saturday, May 5, 2007

Chef Rolli

Matthew made an amazing supper for my mom's birthday yesterday evening. We ended up eating "supper" for over two hours. He did this all because my mom's an excellent mom who is the most generous and giving person I've ever known. It means a lot to me that Matthew honestly likes/loves my family. Anyways, Matthew did an awesome job and I thought I'd share his menu. If the sign business thing doesn't work out he may open a restaurant.

Appetizers:
smoked trout bruschetta &
lamb nachos (roasted lamb on grilled pita wedges and drizzled with homemade tzitziki sauce)
Salad:
Greek salad
Entrees:
shrimp scampi on a bed of angel hair pasta with a lemon butter white wine reduction sauce &
FRESH LIVE Maine lobster (yep, he fedex'd three live lobsters from Maine. Didn't even know that was possible?)
Dessert:
raspberry cream puffs with creme brulee

Just thought I'd share Matthew's plan. Originally I asked Matthew to grill something for mom's birthday. That's all I said. He sort of took the idea and ran a marathon with the whole thing. Happy Birthday, Mom! Thank you, Matthew, it was super delicious!

2 comments:

Carla said...

Wow! I couldn't pronounce most of the things on the menu, so it must have been good!

Anonymous said...

The feast was fabulous!!!!!! The evening couldn't have been better. And our little grandboy was the most awesome waiter we've ever experienced.(Did I mention he is only 6yrs old) This truly was one of the best birthdays I've ever had.
Thank you to chef Rolli and the entire Rolli family.
meme