Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cultural Diversity

I appreciate Dora, Diego and Kai Lan. Really, I do. I just feel my Anna may be getting confused over the different types of languages in our world and the different ways folks do certain things.

Last week Anna was getting dressed for the day and rather proudly said she knew how to put her pants on in Chinese.

(Go ahead and read that last sentence a couple times. I had to ask Anna to repeat herself a few times before I was confident I understood what she was saying.)

I said, "Really? How?"

Surprisingly, she put her pants on one leg at a time.... same as always. The twist came when, after getting her pants on, she karate chopped the box that was still in her room.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

HA! I can just picture it. How great is that?!

LadyD said...

Oh' our girlies:)
Shelby is totally into Maggie and the Ferocious Beast right now. She has a couple scabs I keep telling her not to pick at or she will get scars. She says, I WANT spots like the Ferocious Beast!

Kara Jo said...

BAAHaaaaahahaha! That is HILARIOUS!!!!

erin said...

Katie.
This made me laugh out loud.
You need to submit this to Blogtations.