Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Technical Difficulties



I was asking Anna for some help with the picking up of toys. She does not do very well when I vaguely say, "Anna, help Mama pick up please." I need to actually tell her what items to pick up.

She was picking up the toys that migrated to the kitchen and I was listing off what I wanted her to specifically grab with her little fingers and physically walk her little self to her room and deposit in the appropriate location.

Mama: Anna please grab that yellow dinosaur thingy by the fridge and take it to your room.

Anna: What dinosaur thingy?

M: The one by the fridge, come on Anna, help Mama. Just grab the dinosaur thing and pick it up.

A: Mama, what dinosaur?

M: Anna....the YELLOW one.

A: Oh....Mama, you mean the pterodactyl.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doh!

Guess you know what this means. No more spelling in fron of her.

She knows.

She knows everything.

HA!
God bless-
Amanda
P.S. Can't wait to see ya tomorrow!

kristi noser said...

we learn something new every day--we just hope that two year olds aren't the ones that teach it to us

Katie R. said...

I knew it was a pterodactyl, I guess I just didn't take the time to be specific enough. Anna, however, does teach me stuff everyday. I'm praying for her preschool teacher now....

erin said...

HAHAHAHA!

LadyD said...

Cute :)

Kara Jo said...

Bahahahaha!!

Birdie said...

smarty pants! Once when Zach was about 2 1/2 he was so in to dinosaurs so I got him flash cards that he poured over all the time. I'd tell him the names etc.. A workman came over to fix something int he house and Zach, being the friendly little social bug he used to be, showed the guy his dino. They man said "Oh! That's a nice dinosaur!" He said, "No, it's a Parasorolophus." as if the guy was a few bricks short of a load. I just looked at the guy and shrugged my shoulders. Now it's as if none of that ever happened and he may be able to name 2 or three dinosaurs.