Thursday, November 15, 2007

Games

Anna has a new skill she's been working on for the past couple months. It's using her imagination. She likes to pretend things and role play out different scenarios. These are her two favorites, notice the openness she leaves herself for character choice.

Anna: (pretending to be a bear, kitten, puppy, robot, pirate or bunny) I'm the baby whatever and you be the mama whatever.

Me: (pretending to be mama of whatever) Oh, I love you sooo much my baby whatever. You are my best whatever.

Her second pretend scene is that she has acquired a little pet puppy, kitten, bear or bunny. She holds up her little 28-month-old hand and shows me her "little" friend. She is actually thinking her animal fits nicely in her hand. Well, we love the animal up and then she hands responsibility over to me and says how the baby whatever wants me to hold them. At any given time during the day I may have up to 5 little friends tucked safely in my pocket.

2 comments:

erin said...

Don't make them sick!
How are you feeling, by the way?

Katie R. said...

ehh - I'll let ya know next week. Thank you for asking though. I think the meds are working? I can't tell quite yet. I'm hoping tomorrow's my day.